yahoo unexpectedly quitting

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,white 2.16ghz C2D/2GB RAM/120GB, iPOD 60GB
my yahoo beta suddenly quit while chatting. then it wouldn't start up at all after that. any idea why?

for now i have uninstalled it with appdelete and installed the previous version.

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
Hi qwinkan:

Can't say for sure, but you said Yahoo Beta. "Beta" means that the software is currently under the debugging stage (finding errors in code, design, etc...). Creating a piece of software is very extensive, and goes through many stages of development. The version you have right now is a newer version, which may not be fully complete/functional. If you use a stable version of it, you shouldn't have a problem, then once maybe the beta version is considered stable, switch to that. Since you switched, you shouldn't have a problem with it. I would wait for a stable release, then upgrade :)

Also, have you taken a look at AdiumX? You can add a Yahoo account, even a Yahoo Japan! account if you want. It's pretty nifty. If you have other services like Gmail, ICQ, etc -- you can have it all in one program. It has never crashed on me, so I'm assuming the same for you.

- Pratik

OP
qwinkan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks! yea i have heard of adium, i'll give it a try =P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
You'll never go back, trust me.

OP
qwinkan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
guess what, the previous version of ym that I just installed quit unexpectedly and it happened while i was trying to sign in. thankfully it opened right after. weird... I'm about to install adium...

srp

Reaction score
Speaking of Yahoo Messenger, and I hope this isn't hi-jacking your thread, are you able to access the chat rooms? I've heard something regarding the Mac version not being able to do so. Since you actually have it installed, can you give me the 411 on that?

I'd greatly appreciate it!

OP
qwinkan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
umm sorry but I don't use the chat rooms and i don't know how. tell me how and i can check for you

srp

Reaction score
umm sorry but I don't use the chat rooms and i don't know how. tell me how and i can check for you

I'm not sure about the Mac version, but with the Windows version this link shows you how to access them.

OP
qwinkan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sorry i couldn't find it, i went to the site and clicked the link on how to find chatrooms... and this is what it said (see attached pic)

Picture 1.png

srp

Reaction score
That's okay. I am going to try to give Adium a try.

I appreciate your efforts. Thanks!

OP
qwinkan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
adium doesn't support video chatting/webcam =(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.