• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Forza 2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Anyone play this yet? It's amazing. Racing online with friends is fun too. Especially when it turns into a bumper car game instead of a gt race

Oh, and we should have a video games forum on here.

Corrado1.jpg

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
that's not a full res image is it?

i've been anxious to see "photo mode" images from this game.
i wasn't super thrilled with how plastic-y the models looked in the first game, and it seems they somehow held on to some of that. the backgrounds would be nice to see too. i'd imagine this would be where forza would really better the GT4 photo mode images - as sometimes you really have to try to avoid, blur, or hide some of the chintzier looking background bits.

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
that's not a full res image is it?

i've been anxious to see "photo mode" images from this game.
i wasn't super thrilled with how plastic-y the models looked in the first game, and it seems they somehow held on to some of that. the backgrounds would be nice to see too. i'd imagine this would be where forza would really better the GT4 photo mode images - as sometimes you really have to try to avoid, blur, or hide some of the chintzier looking background bits.

It's resized from something like 1280 to 800 max res.

The game looks a lot smoother than the pictures from photo mode.

And the backgrounds look amazing in Forza 2. I hated the original Forza. It just seemed too arcadey compared to GT4. M$ really stepped it up for Forza 2. It's an awesome game. The controller sensitivity and handling has been reworked and everything is butter smooth.

Online play is great. You can actually earn credits and advance levels through online play.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
This game looks and plays amazingly (on xbox 360 at least). I've only got the demo.. Was thinking of buying it, but I bought Guitar Hero 2 instead (soooooooooo much fun and addicting).

The first Forza was great too.. I was big into PGR3 for a while, so F2 should blow it out of the water.

EDIT: That screenie looks like a 2-door Jetta.. I've been waiting an eternity for a razing/tuner game with a VW Jetta in it. Most only have the Golf, except Midnight Club 3.

EDIT: I second the "we shoudl have a video game forum here" comment.

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
This game looks and plays amazingly (on xbox 360 at least). I've only got the demo.. Was thinking of buying it, but I bought Guitar Hero 2 instead (soooooooooo much fun and addicting).

The first Forza was great too.. I was big into PGR3 for a while, so F2 should blow it out of the water.

EDIT: That screenie looks like a 2-door Jetta.. I've been waiting an eternity for a razing/tuner game with a VW Jetta in it. Most only have the Golf, except Midnight Club 3.

EDIT: I second the "we shoudl have a video game forum here" comment.

It's a VR6 corrado. GT4 has a Bora VR6 with 4 motion. The Bora is the Euro designation for the MKIV Jetta.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I got it release day, and I LOVE it.

Eric, check my website, I have a album in my gallery just for Forza 2 shots.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
I work with cars, so I hate them in real life. But I can't get enough of them in video games. Thats why I'm always a stickler for racing sims like GT4 and Forza. Picked up my copy of Forza 2, didn't get a chance to play it yet.

T

todd51

I second the notion the have a seperate section of the forums dedicated to gaming, even though the place is called MAC-forums, hehe.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.