• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Dell XPS m1330 - sign of things to come for the MacBook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Engadget article

-13.3" screen (optional LED backlight)
-Santa Rosa chipset (up to 2.4ghz)
-Up to 4gb ram
-Optional 32gb SSD drive (or up to 250gb hard drive)
-Slot-loading DVD burner
-128mb GeForce Go 8400M GS video card
-Wireless WAN option (Verizon, Sprint, or AT&T)
-802.11b/g/n + Bluetooth
-2mp webcam
-HDMI/VGA
-Starts at 4 pounds

Almost perfect...all it needs is OS X :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
lots of good stuff, looks like it has alot of features that would be nice in a mac. I really can't wait to see what mac computers are putting out in a few years.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.
no doubt what Apple add, it will look minimalist but be completely functional for the end user.

Oh I wish I could time travel and have a look.

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
I would just love Nvidia graphics cards in all machines.

I just bought a 17" pro but if the graphics cards change, I may have to buy a new laptop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!
Looks like Dell has been on point listening to customer wants. LED and santa rosa are readily available as an option in a few notebooks, and more importantly solid state memory, 32gb option for $450 (OUCH!)... build a Latitude D420 and check it out. I think it's strange that they don't have a combination of solid state and disk HD's... wouldn't that be the best way to go? Use solid state for OS and main programs, disk drive for music, photos, movies, and everything else... I guess for now this is specifically for business travelers who can just connect to an external HDD when need be.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
PQI recently announced a 256gb SSD 2.5" SATA drive:

http://www.electronista.com/articles/07/05/29/pqi.256gb.solid.state/

I'm sure it's wicked expensive right now, but as more manufacturers jump on board we should be seeing these higher capacity SSD drives in more laptops in the next few years. Combined with dual and quad core mobile processors, multiple gigs of ram, and virtualization, things are going to be really, really neat. I would buy a Mac ultraportable in a heartbeat! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
That 32 GB SSD would make me buy it in a heartbeat, even though it wouldn't be enough space.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I don't think you'll see all those features and graphics cards on Macbooks. They have to keep it as their "budget" laptop and differentiate it enough from the Pros.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
I don't think you'll see all those features and graphics cards on Macbooks. They have to keep it as their "budget" laptop and differentiate it enough from the Pros.

Yeah, reading it over I should have put "MacBook Pro" instead of "MacBook". I'm not buying a new MacBook Pro until after WWDC...I want to be 100% certain there won't be any ultraportable released ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.