Imac g3 to tv?

Reaction score
Hello,

Ok, I have a lot of movies on my mac that i would like to watch, but a 15 inch screen with 2 speakers is not going to be the best experience for me, and i cant burn them (mostly because of the cd stuck in my drive that i told you about in my other thread), and ive heard of people doing something of the like using a cord that has a vga port on one side and s-video on the other side. My tv does not have s-video on it (its a 20 inch magnavox circa 2004, really crappy by the way)
However, my samsung dvd-vcr combo has s-video OUT,
so what im asking is if i bought such cord on ebay or something,
would it work with my g3 imac and my tv and dvd-vcr,
would i be able to view the movies?

Thanks,
Tanner.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.2GHz/4GB/250GB, G4 Cube 450MHz + 17" Studio LCD
The only way of getting video out of the iMac is through VGA.

To get video in to your TV, you need to have some kind of input (not output) on the TV or DVD (passthrough to TV).

A simple adapter is not going to work, I believe you will need a converter box such as:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Laptop-PC-VGA...8QQihZ015QQcategoryZ67859QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That outputs to SCART or composite, however you may need to check with someone if it will work if you are not in the UK because I am not 100% sure.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.