Ipod Udate?

A

arkman_1411

Hello everyone, well I nearly bought an ipod last night but the only thing that held me back was the fact that this model had been out for awhile and the battery life could be longer (8 hrs). I don't really know about the battery life... I know Dell has one that costs 100 less (15GB) and has 20 hours of battery life ;) . I do not own a mac but I am attracted to the style and size of the ipod. Some of my friends have them and I find them incredibally small and cool ( I really like the touch buttons :D ). I am curious if they will be making a small update to the ipods anytime soon? Maybe an update in batterylife... Oh the otherthing that caused me to wait is because I heard a rumor of the ipods battery dying in a year and a half. Is this true? The reason this is important is because I would be using Apples instant loan to buy it and pay it off over 2 years. I wouldnt want the battery to die out 6 months before I even finish paying it. Also how long should the battery last (whole life i.e. 2 or 3 years....) and how much would it cost to replace? I realize its fixed so I would have to send it in. Well I believe thats about it, if anyone can answer a few of my questions I would apprechiate it very much.

(plz excuse typos i have a broken finger :rolleyes: lol)

Thank you,

Alex

OP
T

TylerMoney

I doubt they'll make an update too soon..they're having enough craziness with the minis. However it is entirely possible.

When it comes to the Dell player...well...it's made by Dell. Now that isn't entirely bad...but hey...Dell is no Sony when it comes to PCs....on top of that....nobody has the batterylife that is given on a site, or in an article...read the small print...that's 20 hrs if this that and the other.....now the iPod could have longer blife, and that would be nice..but honestly it hasn't been a problem for me...I've only ran my battery down once, and that was on purpose....

If you go to the iPodlaunge, you'll see some battery tests...if you do things right...or real specific with the iPod..you can get the full 8-10 hrs...if not, it will be less, but there are ways around it. The iPod has more accesories than any other portable mp3 player...batterylife becomes not a problem...plus, if you're around a mac, just plug it in, and vualla, you're being charged...I think this works for a pc as well....not sure..never tried it...even though I have a pc....

there are car adapters for those long trips...play music til' you're running low, give it a bit of a charge...there also an extra battery pac you can buy....and you can put normal batteries in the iPod..which isn't nearly as cool but works....and there is also a guy that shows you how to make a homemade external bettery pack with a little bit of cicuitry work (not on the iPod itself)....and a deck of cards...can't remember the site, but I'll try and find it..or you could google it..

last but not least...the iPod works great, looks great, feels great, sounds great...and does all these things better than the others out there....from what I've heard, the other players all feel less sturdy, are bigger, and not are just not as fun to use....the iPods scroll wheel is really sweet...

but in the end it's up to you. i made my choice....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I agree with this post. All rechargeble batteries are a pain to keep in the best performance. All the opportunities to use other power sources - always and good care to the discharge and recharge cycle. I do this kind of thing and my cell phone shows it in performance :D :)

OP
L

lzasitko

external iPod battery pack

TylerMoney said:
....and there is also a guy that shows you how to make a homemade external bettery pack with a little bit of cicuitry work (not on the iPod itself)....and a deck of cards...can't remember the site, but I'll try and find it..or you could google it..

http://drewperry.co.uk/index.php?do=iPod&ipod=battery is the site for the external battery. Not really mde from cards or anything but he used the box that the cards came in as it was around the right size for what he wanted..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.