So my iPod is going to beat my PB home...

W

wahdiatme

I just got my shipping tracking and verification stuff today and it says my items are supposed to arrive tomorrow. Believe it or not, even the things that said 2-3 and 3-5 days under estimated shipping are shipping today and arriving tomorrow (I just placed my order today). What I don't get, is that the computer was supposed to be same day shipping and it didnt go out.. oh well...

my question: Is there anything fun I can do with my iPod or put songs on it before my computer arrives, or do I have to wait til I get iTunes? The OS I'm running right now is windows me Millenium, and I can't dl iTunes on it.

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Don't try to get music off the doz pc -- using doz iTunes (I know you can't) means formating the iPod to doz...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum PowerBook G4. 15.2" SUPAH-drive
Like witeshark said, if you use a windows machine to import songs onto your iPod you will only be doing yourself harm. But i guess in the meantime, you can just admire all of the options and such. And once it does get to your front door, you can just hook that mother cracker up and behold the glory of apple products. :) well congrats on your purchase.

EY

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
wait...if you sync an ipod to a doz machine, and then do a mac with the exact same library, playlists, etc, will it be fine.

OP
O

Orange

ApplejustWorks said:
wait...if you sync an ipod to a doz machine, and then do a mac with the exact same library, playlists, etc, will it be fine.

No I dont think it will

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Orange said:
No I dont think it will

You CAN use the same iPod on a Mac and a PC if you use 3rd party software - like Ephpod.

I believe you have to use the Mac-firmware version of the iPod if you want to do this.

If you want to use just the software that "came in the box", then you can only use the iPod with a Mac or with a PC, not both.

OP
W

wahdiatme

D3v1L80Y said:
You CAN use the same iPod on a Mac and a PC if you use 3rd party software - like Ephpod.

I believe you have to use the Mac-firmware version of the iPod if you want to do this.

If you want to use just the software that "came in the box", then you can only use the iPod with a Mac or with a PC, not both.

So if I use Ephpod for now on my doz machine, will I be able to go straight to the mac when I get it and start using iTunes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Well I guess it appears so, but how long a wait is it?

OP
W

wahdiatme

witeshark said:
Well I guess it appears so, but how long a wait is it?

its about 5 days..

oh well I can wait, but I just wish there was some way I could get my songs off of my pc and on to my powerbook or iPod when it gets here. I dont have a burner or anything either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
If you have your iPod formatted for PC you can use it on both PC and Mac but if you have it on auto update it will only have the songs of the library last synced with.

If you have it on manual update there are no problem

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.