• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Just saying Hello

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac
Well I suppose I had better introduce myself, having posted already.

So my name is Steve C Thompson and I and the family are coming over from the Evil Empire. Although I have yet to get my hands on our new iMac. It being at the family home and I work away from home on extended periods.

So home is in Bedfordshire England, and me I'm in Den Haag, Nederland.

Outside of my work as a consultant in mobile comms I have what my family say is an obsession for photography me I say it's a serious hobby :D .

The reason for going for Mac, was we are getting sick and tired of the poor reliability of the old PC and Windoze crashing when asked to do something more complicated than running Thunderbird. So when it died two weeks ago, My son with some advice from me, went out and bought the iMac 20". My wife is getting used to it and managed to migrate her documents over.

Although for work and whilst I am away I will still use a PC untill my budget allows me to purchase a Macbook Pro. I think One iMac and a new Nikon DSLR in one month is a bit much .

So that's me. I hope I get a lot of help here and if I can offer a humble opinion from time to time I trust you all will oblige me.

Reaction score
Welcome! Glad to have you join us. Will be looking forward to hearing from you after you get to spend some time with your new computer!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.