iPhoto Help

Reaction score
Hi Folks

I've always used iPhoto with no probs and used the updates etc so i use the latest version etc. I'm totally baffled now as after a recent update when i open iPhoto i get a message saying

'This folder was created with an unreleased version of iphoto' 'Please quit and upgrade this library by opening it in iPhoto2 or iPhoto4.

???This has totally baffled me as i can find my photos in the Finder but can't import them, i've tried downloading other updates but it won't let me update as it can't find anything to update from... and i've even re-installed all the bundled sofware (including iPhoto) from the start up OS X disc.

Any ideas??????Greatly appreiciated.....

Reaction score
Firstly, check your computers date is correct, besides that all I can think to suggest is:

Repair Permissions using Disc Utility, Main Menu, OnyX or similiar maintenance utility.

Holding down the command and option keys when starting iPhoto - it should ask you if you want to rebuild your library.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.