• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New Guy Needs Help.

Reaction score
I am new to Mac Forums and I am a novice Computer user.I have a Pc at the present time and would like to Bye a Mac Labtop. I heard they are better than Windows,but a little more expensive.I use my PC for Photoes and Surfing internet.Could Someone suggest a good 15in mack Labtop with a least 1gb Ram, 2gb hard drive, wireless, burning Pictures,Playing music and anything else that you think I need? Thanks Sean.

Reaction score
Macs come in two flavors, nice and really nice. The Mac mini is the entry level box and it is $599. I think all the laptops come with a gig of ram and at least a 60 gig HD. All new Macs come with iLife installed. Google it and check it out it is nice. Apple's yearly developer conference (WWDC) is June 12, if there are any new things coming out it will be announced then so it might be worth while to wait a few days. If you want a cheap way to test drive a mac this forum has a buy sell trade thread, Ebay has some deals from time to time, macofalltrades.com sells used macs. The more popular Intel-Macs get the cheaper PPC Macs get and they work pretty good.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Go to Apple's site here.
This is the location for the 15" notebook - called MacBook Pro.
There is only one, with about 4 options rather than the 3 or 4 different machines with a hundred options each like the Dell's of the world.
Check it out, then if you have ??'s, post back.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.