Mac & Font

Reaction score
Dear all Macer,

I want to download some font for Mac, but how to install the font after downloaded??

And I heard that Mac's font not same as Windows, it can install for all user or just the login user ... how to do like that on both side for a example for newbie?

And do Mac can install PC's font and using them no problems?

Any other good Font Manage Tool for Mac?

Thank you of your time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Create a folder called 'Fonts' or whatever somewhere on your machine and put your downloaded fonts in it. Download Linotype Font Explorer (it's free) and it'll ask where your fonts are for importing. Select the folder you made and your fonts will be listed in Font Explorer. Tick or untick them activate or deactivate them.

OS X can deal happily with TrueType, Postscript or OpenType fonts.

M

MacHeadCase

Just double-click on the font and it'll launch Mac OS X's Font Book and it will take care of the install for you.

If you have many, many, many fonts (I have 1279 fonts) you will need a sturdier font management app like Suitcase Fusion (not a freeby but we use this one at school), as Alexis suggests FontExplorer X (I use this one at home), MasterJuggler (not a freebie but they're the same folks that make DiskWarrior), FontAgent Pro X (not a freebie either) and a few more.

Hope this helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.