• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Feel my pain! Windows viruses everywhere!!

Reaction score
Not on my MBP though. I'm in the middle of troubleshooting my gf's pc with 2,228 threats (an awful lot of files a worm made up and was sharing online to propagate itself). What a mess!! Would this be a good time to tout my MBP? ;)

In all seriousness, I never had any problems with my Windows machines as I practiced good preventative measures and good net habits. Between the gf and family members, I have TONS of experience fixing problems such as spyware, malware, virii, etc. Everybody is always so confused as to how this could possibly have happened. Like the only way to get a virus is to go to "Download Malware and Viruses Here.com"

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Not on my MBP though. I'm in the middle of troubleshooting my gf's pc with 2,228 threats (an awful lot of files a worm made up and was sharing online to propagate itself). What a mess!! Would this be a good time to tout my MBP? ;)

In all seriousness, I never had any problems with my Windows machines as I practiced good preventative measures and good net habits. Between the gf and family members, I have TONS of experience fixing problems such as spyware, malware, virii, etc. Everybody is always so confused as to how this could possibly have happened. Like the only way to get a virus is to go to "Download Malware and Viruses Here.com"

Hey - don't knock it. Some of us make quite a good living repairing Windows machines! :)

In fact, if it wasn't for Microsoft, I probably wouldn't have a job.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Hey - don't knock it. Some of us make quite a good living repairing Windows machines! :)

In fact, if it wasn't for Microsoft, I probably wouldn't have a job.

I hear you CWA!!! I hear you. I get most of my $$$ doing just that. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
It never ceases to amaze me how clueless the people who don't use said good preventative measures and net habits are about their machines and "how this virus could've possibly infected the computer!" :Confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac G3 450MHZ 512 RAM DVD
Clueless isn't a very nice way to put it

It can happen to anyone, two parents by a computer for their dearest Son, the salesperson also offers them anti-virus - they are very pleased by this and promtly leave the computer in the childs/teen's hands

They are then very worried when all his homework is lost and they keep on getting popups - the salesperson promised this was a no hastle solution.. They even updated reguarly

--

It can happen to anyone

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.