How do I save a picture that someone sent me in my email to iphoto?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1.83 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
I tried highlighting the picture and going to file, save as (my yahoo email not mac email), but when I pulled it up on iphoto it wouldn't show the picture. It just showed the safari symbol.

M

MacHeadCase

Hi rachelsono!

You can right-click on the photo and, from the Contextual Menu, you have two choices here:

• save it to desktop (then drag it over the iPhoto icon - which, as you know, will launch the app)
• choose iPhoto to open the image from the list of applications and save it from within iPhoto.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Hi, I would just drag'n'drop directly from your email to either the iPhoto library Window (If open), OR .... onto the iPhoto icon in the Dock, which in turn will launch iPhoto and import the photo.

You could also drag'n'drop the photo from the email to your Desktop and import it later on.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I tried highlighting the picture and going to file, save as (my yahoo email not mac email), but when I pulled it up on iphoto it wouldn't show the picture. It just showed the safari symbol.

In Yahoo mail, you should see a thumbnail of the attached photo when you click to open the email. Directly next to the photo, there will be a link that says "Scan and save to computer". Click that link and save it to a folder on your computer.

Alternatively, you can open the attachment by clicking on it and then clicking the "Download Attachment" button.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1.83 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Thanks Pulse-8 that worked perfectly!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.