Nothing works. x_x

Reaction score
Specs:

Titanium G4 Powerbook
1GHz PowerPC
1MB L3 cache
1GB SDRAM
Mac OS X 10.4.9

Ok, whenever I install anything, download anything, run two applications at once, have too many tracks on GarageBand, or simply just try and open random things, it always "quits unexpectedly" before giving me a chance to save my work or find out what's wrong with it. x_x It is so frustrating. It all started when I attempted to install Pro Tools 7.3 on a Mac OS X 10.4.9. v_v On the digidesign site listed below is information that proves Mac OS X 10.4.9 has not been qualified with Digidesign products, quote unquote. I followed the steps (install 10.4.9 combo update for PPC), but since everything I try "quits unexpectedly", I do not know what else to do. I suppose people here would know, or else I would have to take it to a mac technician. But I honestly don't really know what to ask him if I do. Any help whatsoever would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you. v_v

OP
R
Reaction score
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Run the disk that came with your PB to test the system. Something very strange is up.

I'd also try repairing permissions, but you'd have to do that with the install DVD utilities by booting into that, since you're saying everything quits.

The only other thing I can think of is; Pro Tools has some process start up whenever you log in, and it is interferring. Turn that off if it exists. I can't see why they would do that though.

By the way, when DD says one of their products is not qualified for a certain version of the OS, do some research to find out if others have had problems. There software can be very sensitive to OS versions. So says my brother who has been using Pro Tools for many many years.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.