Superdrive: DVD burning quality??

J

Joeytpg

sup guys, i have a little doubt, how's the DVD burning quality with the Superdrive, i mean, burn a movie , then you play it (in your ibook's Superdrive, OR in an external DVD player like "SONY" or panasonic whatever) how's the quality?.....is it liek an original movie?? or you can definitely tell is a homemade copy?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
you can definitely tell because it has to be compressed from the professional DVD which is over 9 gb to fit on a 4.7 gb disc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Joeytpg said:
sup guys, i have a little doubt, how's the DVD burning quality with the Superdrive, i mean, burn a movie , then you play it (in your ibook's Superdrive, OR in an external DVD player like "SONY" or panasonic whatever) how's the quality?.....it's it liek the original movie?? or you can definitely tell is a burnt copy?
Are you in a tunnel? Don't talk about renting > copy > burning DVD in a Forum, just a hint ok? :cool:

OP
T

TylerMoney

they didn't say anything about renting then copying then burning.....they could be talking strictly about burning personel dvds of movies they already own.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz C2D macbook
Joeytpg said:
sup guys, i have a little doubt, how's the DVD burning quality with the Superdrive, i mean, burn a movie , then you play it (in your ibook's Superdrive, OR in an external DVD player like "SONY" or panasonic whatever) how's the quality?.....is it liek an original movie?? or you can definitely tell is a homemade copy?

DVD quality does not depend on the hardvare you use for burning. its the encoding that matters, bitrate so to speak. copyed DVDs will never have same quality as original, becaue the software that allows to reduce 7 gig dvd to 4.2 recompreses the DVD using lower bitrate. that couses the reduction in size. anyway you most probably wont notice the diference on TV screen, but it becomes obvious when you watch it on HD computer display.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
TylerMoney said:
they didn't say anything about renting then copying then burning.....they could be talking strictly about burning personel dvds of movies they already own.
no trust me it was there, i had edited it and missed a few spots which whiteshark picked up on but it was obvious

OP
J

Joeytpg

ohhh ok...That's illegal oopss..hehe you're right..shhhhhh

but none of you have done it yet?? :)

OP
T

TylerMoney

trpnmonkey41 said:
no trust me it was there, i had edited it and missed a few spots which whiteshark picked up on but it was obvious

well, my bad...I missed reading into it...it was 3amish...so, yeah...well

shame on you guys...your supose to talk about burning your own dvds, not someone elses.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Joeytpg said:
ohhh ok...That's illegal oopss..hehe you're right..shhhhhh

but none of you have done it yet?? :)

I have two hundred DVD movies. So I have not done, or even thought about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
MAC-simus said:
DVD quality does not depend on the hardvare you use for burning. its the encoding that matters, bitrate so to speak. copyed DVDs will never have same quality as original, becaue the software that allows to reduce 7 gig dvd to 4.2 recompreses the DVD using lower bitrate. that couses the reduction in size. anyway you most probably wont notice the diference on TV screen, but it becomes obvious when you watch it on HD computer display.

Actually, printed DVD's such as those found when you buy Movie, have a much higher capacity than any DVD media you can find, typically about 15-17Gb's. Check it yourself. Place a movie in your DVD drive and browse it's content. Movie data on those discs are not compressed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
Who need's to waste time and resources, pirating a DVD? Just buy a bootleg in the shop, about 8RMB (Renmenbi) a movie! Buy 3 for 20RMB! Less than $2 US dollars a movie! Cheaper than the cinema! hehe

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.