• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

bleh, Pirates 3 (warning: spoilers)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Watched Pirates 3 today. Disappointed by:

1. Fight scene = too long (got boring)
2. Over-the-top (which was kinda okay if not for the boring)
3. The ending with Will & Elizabeth?? that's retarded
4. Whatever happened to Calypso?
5. So all the Pirate Lords had to do was watch and then cheer? lame
6. Music - too slow, felt like LOTR
7. The head British Imperial guy freezing at the end. I was thinking he might have had some evil inside knowledge based on his calculating actions, but no...he didn't even issue the command to fire. Felt like a hole in the plot they didn't fill very well. And that whole part with him walking through all the explosions and flying debris on his ship? ridiculous
8. Will & Elizabeth getting married in the midst of the Fight Scene That Never Ends

It felt like the Lost series 3 season finale...it was pretty good for awhile and then the ending disappointed me. They set it up for Pirates 4, but I don't think I really want to see it. Waste of $10 at the theater. I usually don't criticize movies, but I've waited a long time for this one and was already disappointed by Pirates 2. Unless you're a really big fan of the entire Pirates series, I'd say Netflix it.

At least Johnny Depp delivered :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Wow, sounds like it's suffering the same ill-fated curse of the trilogy that Spiderman 3 is. Despite their horrible debuts, you know the studios are already working on the sequels.

Let's see: Spiderman 3, Pirates 3, Die Hard 4, Shrek 3, 28 Weeks Later . . . are there going to be any good original movies this summer??

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Wow, sounds like it's suffering the same ill-fated curse of the trilogy that Spiderman 3 is. Despite their horrible debuts, you know the studios are already working on the sequels.

Let's see: Spiderman 3, Pirates 3, Die Hard 4, Shrek 3, 28 Weeks Later . . . are there going to be any good original movies this summer??

I actually liked Spider-man 3. The dance scene in the club was really lame and the whole "emo kid" thing made me laugh, but I liked it overall. Shrek 3 was funny but the soundtrack was off, so it wasn't as good as it could have been. Die Hard 4 is actually looking pretty good...Bruce Willis jumping off an F-22's tail will earn my ticket any day :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
I think pirates was wonderfully done. I like how they did not make it the spectacular trilogy finisher we were expecting, instead it was a decently good movie with an opening for the next one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13' Black MacBook Core Duo 1.25 GB Ram 80GB HD
I really enjoyed 28 weeks later and I thought pirates was okay, not amazing but not bad...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Watched Pirates 3 today. Disappointed by:

1. Fight scene = too long (got boring)

NO!!! No one ever claims that a fight scene is too long or boring until they're forced to watch the last fight between Cage and Travolta in face off. I liked the one in pirates. There were a lot of pirates, so it was a big fight.

2. Over-the-top (which was kinda okay if not for the boring)

I was never really bored with the movie. Some of the scenes may have been a bit slow, but it all lead into something more important for the most part.

3. The ending with Will & Elizabeth?? that's retarded

Why? The ******** needs a *******. It shows that one certain pirate is more humane and compassionate than he was made out to be. There has to be some character development and happy endings are always so boring.

4. Whatever happened to Calypso?

She took the life of that one guy. You know, being a god lets you have a little more control over things than just having to be in a body. Any one notice thw big swirly thing in the middle of the big wet place?

5. So all the Pirate Lords had to do was watch and then cheer? lame

They were going to fight. It was like a one on one between the two big guys. They were all about to charge the other fleet.

6. Music - too slow, felt like LOTR

The last bit right before the fight was awesome.

7. The head British Imperial guy freezing at the end. I was thinking he might have had some evil inside knowledge based on his calculating actions, but no...he didn't even issue the command to fire. Felt like a hole in the plot they didn't fill very well. And that whole part with him walking through all the explosions and flying debris on his ship? ridiculous

I mean, he expected to over power everything in the way because of one supernatural dinghy, he wasn't expecting to actually fight. The tables turned against him and he was a coward. If you're with a group of bullies attacking a group of nerds, you're going to have all the courage in the world until the bullies turn on you.

8. Will & Elizabeth getting married in the midst of the Fight Scene That Never Ends

I'll give you that one. Atleast it wasn't too cheesy.

It felt like the Lost series 3 season finale...it was pretty good for awhile and then the ending disappointed me. They set it up for Pirates 4, but I don't think I really want to see it. Waste of $10 at the theater. I usually don't criticize movies, but I've waited a long time for this one and was already disappointed by Pirates 2. Unless you're a really big fan of the entire Pirates series, I'd say Netflix it.

At least Johnny Depp delivered :D

look up

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.