Boot Camp: How do I get sound to stop coming out of the Mac Pro?

Reaction score
I'm getting sound not only out of my stereo speakers, but also the Mac itself. I looked through the Boot Camp options, didn't see anything related to disabling the Mac built-in sound.. how do I do this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I'm getting sound not only out of my stereo speakers, but also the Mac itself. I looked through the Boot Camp options, didn't see anything related to disabling the Mac built-in sound.. how do I do this?

Right click the speaker icon in the lower right hand part of the screen and choose advanced. It may give you and option there. And if that doesn't work, try opening the software that was installed with the sound driver. Probably Sigma Tel if all reasoning holds true...

OP
C
Reaction score
I'm reviving this thread because it's still a problem in Bootcamp 2.0 on Leopard. I actually did get this working with the beta... I just forgot how. :( I can't get the sound to come out of my desktop speakers. I'm a little stunned they didn't fix this in the final release.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.