Excel Macro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5, iBook, 60gb iPod Photo, iPod mini and two shuffles
Im not sure if this is the right place but since its about a cross over between a Mac and a PC I figured id start here.

I have an excel macro which was written for me by a guy at work to run through some calculations in a work sheet, this works fine on my work PC albeit slow.

It also works fine on my old laptop running Ubuntu and Open Office, much slower but its old.

I cant get it to run in Excel on my iMac or Open Office.

Its bugging me because the mac is much faster than the work PC so I figure it should run through it quicker however it wont work.

Any ideas on how to get it to work?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Im not sure if this is the right place but since its about a cross over between a Mac and a PC I figured id start here.

I have an excel macro which was written for me by a guy at work to run through some calculations in a work sheet, this works fine on my work PC albeit slow.

It also works fine on my old laptop running Ubuntu and Open Office, much slower but its old.

I cant get it to run in Excel on my iMac or Open Office.

Its bugging me because the mac is much faster than the work PC so I figure it should run through it quicker however it wont work.

Any ideas on how to get it to work?

As I understand it, VB support is very limited in the Mac version of Office. If it runs in Open Office, you might want to consider downloading NeoOffice (a Mac-specific version of Open Office) and running it there instead.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5, iBook, 60gb iPod Photo, iPod mini and two shuffles
Thanks, i will give that a go and let you know.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.