Leopard specifications???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" imac, 2.8ghz, 2gb ram, 500gb hd, etc.
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the mac forums and have been hanging out and reading all the informative posts and thus joined recently. Cutting to the chase, I'm going to be purchasing a 24" imac duo core 2 very soon (i.e. within a month or so). However, I've seen some previews and heard some hearsay about how amazing leopard will be. However, I haven't been able to find any of leopard's minimal/recommended system requirements.

Reason I want to know this information although it won't be released until October?...is because this will directly impact what types of upgrades I select when purchasing my imac.

Any feedback would be much appreciated....thank you...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Your iMac would have no problems at all running Leopard and taking advantage of all of its features

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Your iMac would have no problems at all running Leopard and taking advantage of all of its features

thank you trpnmonkey41 for your prompt reply...

Now, i'll just need to figure out what specs i'll need for my own uses. Macs are great!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Leopard should run on a G4 and above (maybe a G3). On lower video cards you'll lose a lot of the core animation though.
Minimum RAM might be 512Mb, with 1Gb recommended.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Leopard should run on a G4 and above (maybe a G3). On lower video cards you'll lose a lot of the core animation though.
Minimum RAM might be 512Mb, with 1Gb recommended.

Thanks for the feedback Alexis. Yea, with my imac it'll be duo core 2 2.16 or 2.33, with min 2 ghz ram and 250 gb or 500 gb hd (haven't fully decided on some of those specs yet), vid card is going to be upgraded to the nvidia 256 mb for sure though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
A G5 or above should be able to run it in its sleep. You'll be fine :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.