Is it the wrong time to buy a 20" iMac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, 2.0Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram
Hello all, i've decided to change my mind originally from a Macbook pro to an iMac! :Evil:

I'm wondering......is this the wrong time to buy my first Mac as i see WWDC is coming up, 3 weeks yesterday.

Is there any major changes expected to the iMac?? I'd love to see a black one.....but at the same time white is cool and i don't wanna wait......just looking for a little advice as i dont wanna purchase it now only to be outdated in 2 odd weeks :Shouting:

Any advice is appreciated ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
I just bought one.

Reaction score
It's the age old question "should I buy"? I would say from a purely logical stance I would wait until the end of WWDC keynote. I was in the same position right before Macworld in January. I waited for over a month, and they didn't change a thing. If they had changed it, and I had bought it before I would have felt stupid. I really think Apple needs to do something with their computer products before long time fans start to cry foul. They were just voted most innovative, and I don't think they wanna lose that reputation. They really haven't done any real changes to the look of their computers in awhile. So I would wait until after WWDC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20' iMac and 15' Macbook Pro 2.33GHz/2GB Ram/Superdrive/256MB ATI X1600
You know it's like anything else in the computer industry no matter when you buy a computer their will always be something bigger, and better. So is their ever a really good time to buy one? I think it's as good a time as any other. Go ahead and make the plunge and you will not be sorry.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Any chance of a few pics mate ;)

I've been dying to get my hands on my first Mac!! :Evil:

It looks just like the rest of them...

Reaction score
While I would normally say buy the computer when you need it, but now with WWDC looming a few weeks away I would say wait if you can.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I just got a 20" iMac today. There are rumors of a brand new design for the imac by the end of june, but I really like the design of the current models, and design doesn't actually do anything for the power. Santa Rosa has been underwhelming in its results to the point where the productivity I would lose by waiting out for a new model is greater than the potential gains I could have.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
think of this way: the sooner u get ur iMac, the sooner u'll get to replace it ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
Reaction score
IMHO it's better to view the iMac in the light of how it will serve your needs right now, as opposed to wondering what you might miss out on by buying one too early.

You can bet that whatever new or better features that may or may not surface at WWDC, Apple has an even better batch of changes lined up. Whether or not one or several of those new new features is released 1 month or maybe 6 months after the upcoming WWDC could be a potential issue affecting future Mac buyers 3 weeks from now.

I would simply go on my gut feeling ... can I wait 3 or more (if the WWDC is put back) or do I absolutely have to have one of the iMac Core2Duos NOW!

Don't base your decision of what you may or may not miss out on, because that's perpetual these days for Mac owners with technology progressing so fast.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.