• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

A video by Lizzie Palmer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
The pictures say it all.
The following is the hottest thing on the internet and on Fox News today.
Lizzie Palmer put this YouTube program together.
She is 15 years old.
There have been over 3,000,000 hits.
In case you missed it, here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/v/ervaMPt4Ha0&autoplay=1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in Mac-Book, 24in imac, 15in G4 iMac, 12in PowerBook, G3 iMac, G3 PPC, G3 iBook, and a 'Newton'
Very nice and moving clip

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Wow. Amazing. Thank you. VirtRep.
icon14.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20, Intel Dual Core 2.3GHz, 1Gb RAM, 256Mb Video; G4 tower 444Mhz w/ 1G RAM, 2x G3 towers
Thank you for putting that out. My new brother-in-law is over there now, and he was in transit going back after his wedding when his team was hit. The story about 4 dead, 3 missing, that's his crew. Please pass this video out. I served over there twice, and it's no easy thing to not know if you or the guy next to you will make it home.
Thank You, Lord, for your protection over our troops worldwide.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
But,

what about the innocent families? Brothers, sisters, moms, dads, cousins, uncles, nephews. The ones that are getting killed because of us. Don't they get any vouch for living a life, or being put to "rest" by some one else's hand? How's come there isn't a video for them? They have done nothing wrong. They deserve the same.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
w00t.. more support for innocent killing and death.

OP
johntalin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I support our troops and all other soldiers from around the world. I don't support the war. It takes guts to follow orders and do what they are doing.
I have belonged to The American Legion, wrote letters to the soldiers and mailed the necessary supplies as much as I could.
They are people, not just soldiers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I personally think it takes more guts for these soldiers to stand up and say "hey! This isn't our war" and for them to actually do something to help people instead of killing or getting killed.

Maybe I'm just biased against the military in general since I lived on a military base for over half my life. Who knows?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I support the troops by trying to get them home from a senseless battle as soon as possible before they have to take another human life or get killed themselves. That's what I support.

OP
johntalin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have belonged to The American Legion, wrote letters to the soldiers and mailed the necessary supplies as much as I could.
They are people, not just soldiers.

If anyone likes to get involved in helping the troops, once in a while, there is a need for people like you and me to purchase supplies that they ask for, and either the Legion will mail the supplies to the troops, or you could directly.
The list becomes available to me occasionally.
Please leave your user name here:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.