Where to buy + Student discount

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
Where is the best place to buy a macBook? Im guessing online on the apple uk store as there is no apple store anywhere near to where i live.

Also, i am a student. What evidance of being a student do you need to get a discount, how much do i get off and how to i go about actually getting this discount?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - Mid 2007
Nus

Also, i am a student. What evidance of being a student do you need to get a discount, how much do i get off and how to i go about actually getting this discount?

I think on the Apple site you can use your NUS number; I guess they would accept an NUS/college I.D. card in stores. If you don't have an NUS card/number yet, you will most likely have the opportunity to get one when you enter sixth-form/college (as in the English 'college', as in A-levels, BTECs, etc). On the right hand link list there's a link, 'Savings for students, faculty and staff'. Use this for your online discount. I'm not sure how much the discount was, I went to college 2004-07 and I still haven't got my MacBook!

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
i have an NUS card from last year, but i never renewed it for this year. will i be able to use my old card?

Reaction score
i have an NUS card from last year, but i never renewed it for this year. will i be able to use my old card?

If you can, use a computer at your University to order on the online store. Using a machine with a Univeristy IP address you'll be entitled to the HE discount which is more than the standard educational discount. Something like about 15% vs. the 8 or 9% that the standard EDU discount is I believe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - Mid 2007

I would hazard a guess at 'yes', but I'm really not sure. Also, notlocust has a good point ^.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16gz, 2gb RAM || 20" iMac, 2.4gz, 2gb RAM
They dont ask for proof, at least they didnt when I ordered 2 iPods and a Macbook Pro in January.

They just ask you to put down your School and County, I think.

No specific details.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" ibook g4, 1.42ghz. 512mb ram, 60gb hdd
Lewwy is correct. Infact you do not even need to be a student tog et a student discount. Just go through the steps and it won't ask for a card number even! I knwo on the .ca site it asks for your student number but you can type in any combination of numbers you want and you can get the discount!

Reaction score
No proof required. But you have very little time. Once finals are over so is the discount till next semester.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM 320GB HD, 15" Macbook Pro 2.53 Ghz 4GB RAM 320 GB HDD
No proof required. But you have very little time. Once finals are over so is the discount till next semester.

Really? In all states, and all educational websites?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.