• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

MBP Applecare from US ok to use in Canada?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.16 GHz 15" MBP C2D 2.33 GHz 2GB RAM, Black Video iPod 80GB
Hey everyone,

I am thinking of purchasing Applecare for my 2 month old MBP, and I am thinking of getting it on eBay, because I'd save almost half of the retail price.
Caveats aside, if I purchase it from a seller in the US, to register on my MBP bought in Canada, will this be ok? Or do I have to purchase it from a seller in Canada? I've seen the retail boxes for AC in a couple stores here and didn't see anything to indicate that a box bought here would be for Canada only, so was just wondering if anyone could confirm before I do that. Thanks!

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
I bought my mac in Tokyo and I am from the UK. I asked this at purchase and they said Applecare is worldwide. But buying it off eBay I just dont know, better to be save than sorry.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.