importing pictures

Reaction score
I wanted to import a picture from my camera but it looks like iphoto only offers the option of importing the whole memory card. Any suggestions on what to use when I just want to pick and choose pictures to upload from my memory card?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP CD 1.83/2ghz/7200 100g + Mini 2ghz C2D 2gb + Mini 1.42ghz G4 + PM 7200/120 + Newton OMP
You can open the volume that mounts when you plug in your camera using the Finder. Go to iPhoto and select your library. You can then drag and drop individual (or multiple images as command-clicked) into iTunes.

A bit of a kludge perhaps. If you want more control over the images that you import (and the ability to manipulate the EXIF data as they are imported), you should have a look at Aperture. It's iPhoto on steroids (and will import your iPhoto library too).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
You can use "Image Capture" you can find it in your Applications folder. There you can browse and only import the the pictures you want to .You have the choice of importing to iPhoto or putting then in another folder of your choice

This works direct from your camera or a card via a card reader

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
A simple alternative it to buy one of those all-in-one card readers that plug into your Mac via USB. Then simply extract the image card from your camera and plug it in when you want to download. The card reader + card combination mounts as an ordinary disk on your desktop, and you can then use Finder, or your favorite file manager or image browser, to select the ones you want. This is what I do. The "import the whole card" approach is just silly IMHO.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.