• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Who's scared of Snakes????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
And why was no one trying to get the baby away????? Oh look a baby and a snake....lets just film it and see what happens....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
Isn't that bizarre.
The only thing I can come up with is India is full of Cobras and they are trying to get the baby's immune system get used to it.
Since they are all laughing, it had to be a nice reason and not a bad reason...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Isn't that bizarre.
The only thing I can come up with is India is full of Cobras and they are trying to get the baby's immune system get used to it.
Since they are all laughing, it had to be a nice reason and not a bad reason...

Bizarre....good word.
You may be right about what was happening. Hopefully someone will know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
As far as being scared of snakes, though, I would be from a Cobra, but not from one of these (except in the jungle).
I have actually touched this one at a nature center:
:D

Boa.jpg

Reaction score
At the very beginning the snake appears to strike the kid, but it would be defanged. And so would the snake.

OP
MUDCRABS
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in Mac-Book, 24in imac, 15in G4 iMac, 12in PowerBook, G3 iMac, G3 PPC, G3 iBook, and a 'Newton'
I was on Magnetic Island in North Queensland (That's Australia for the none Geo kiddies...:D )last week and there were signs all over the place.

'Caution Death Adders'
death_adder_wideweb__470x306,0.jpg

These naughty little snakes just hide under leaf cover and when you stand on the WACK they tag ya....bummer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I was on Magnetic Island in North Queensland (That's Australia for the none Geo kiddies...:D )last week and there were signs all over the place.

'Caution Death Adders'
death_adder_wideweb__470x306,0.jpg

These naughty little snakes just hide under leaf cover and when you stand on the WACK they tag ya....bummer

I saw a prog. about these sneaks.
They are really poisonous, aren't they?
What's unusual about them is that they so short, but big at the same time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Have you notice the Title of the Video:
Silly Baby
If anything, it is not the baby who is silly.
:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
Im just glad that the snake didnt have any fangs. It looked ****** though that it couldn't do anything. I hate snakes, there is a reason that they are the symbol for the devil in the bible. I would never live in Florida because of their snake problem. they are vile and disgusting. *shivers*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Was out playing golf on my last holidays.....central coast of eastern Australia...there were snakes, browns and blacks laying arund all over the place. Had to be very careful when searching for anerrant ball.
I think Aust has one if not the largest number of venemous snakes and spiders on the planet. Plenty of Tiger snakes around where I live.

OP
MUDCRABS
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in Mac-Book, 24in imac, 15in G4 iMac, 12in PowerBook, G3 iMac, G3 PPC, G3 iBook, and a 'Newton'
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Im just glad that the snake didnt have any fangs. It looked ****** though that it couldn't do anything. I hate snakes, there is a reason that they are the symbol for the devil in the bible. I would never live in Florida because of their snake problem. they are vile and disgusting. *shivers*

That's not very nice. Snakes are really cool animals. They just get a bad rap because of the Biblical references

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I would only be scared if it were a Rattle Snake or other dangerous snake. Otherwise they don't bother me in the least. I just prefer other animals as pets.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Intel Core Duo 2GHz, 60GB HD, 512MB DDR2, and the SuperDrive.
I've been bitten by snakes before. Not really that bad. Now hamsters on the other hand... OUCH!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
I would never live in Florida because of their snake problem.
Oddly enough, I lived in south Florida for three years and didn't see one snake. Within months of moving to Arizona, I've seen two gopher snakes in the backyard! ;P

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.