Anti Virus software - Do you use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've read the FAQ but I'm interested in your thoughts. Coming from the Windows world I ran Norton System Works and always kept my anti virus software current.

I'm thinking of buying Norton AntiVirus for my Mac. It's fairly inexpensive. My question is do you think it's money well spend? I'm thinking the piece of mind may be worth the cost.

Your thoughts?
Thanks.

Reaction score
I have recently bought an iMac and, like you, was worried about the anti-virus and security aspects. From doing a lot of research on the net I have come to the conclusion that any additional security package for your Mac is not necessary. Norton in particular gets a lot of "no votes".

I have used Norton IS on my Sony Vaio PC for several years and have at last been persuaded to ditch it in favour of the free editions of AVG and ZoneAlarm which has given my Vaio a new lease of life. As many advised me previously, Norton is a beast which hoggs the CPU and slows the system down. I have no reason to believe it would be any better on a Mac.

Colin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.