• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple II

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
hey all,
I'm doing a report for school on the introduction of the Apple II, and how it changed the world. I'm supposed to retell the event like i was there, and write an essay on the impact and causes of the event. does anyone know a lot about this topic or have any good links i could use to get information?
any help would be appreciated. :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD
Wikipedia is a good place to get a general idea of your topic. I would not trust it 100% because anyone can write the article .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
You might wish to check out Steve Wozniak's book iWoz. It spends a LOT of time on the Apple ][ and its impact.

It really was quite revolutionary - the world's first true personal computer, the first to use a monitor, the first to use a keyboard, the first diskette drives (Woz invented them), the first ... The Apple ][ truly revolutionized the then hobby field of personal computers.

OP
narf1899
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
thanks so much guys...im going to write my report today and i couldnt have done it without u!
mac57, i went out and purchased that iWoz bok...interesting find! i needed 3 book sources so it really helped!

Reaction score
Another good book to read, though nearly impossible to find since it's probably about 20 years old, is "Accidental Millionaire" by Lee Butcher. I'll warn you that this is definitely an I-hate-Steve-Jobs book but it does shed some insight into the early relationship between Jobs and Woz and how the combination of their skills and drive really changed the world with the Apple ][.

Personally, I'm a big fan of Steve Jobs but occasionally it's good to take a look from a different perspective. It's very clear from the beginning that Lee Butcher does not like Jobs at all.

Good luck with the paper. You picked an excellent topic!

---

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.