Love my MBP!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, iPhone 5, Apple TV
I just felt like posting that I love my MBP! :D

I had an iBook for about 6 months or so, then ended up selling it, which was a mistake so I ended up buying another and had that for about a year then decided to upgrade to a MBP last year and I have been a happy camper ever since then. My Dell desktop was kicked to the curb and I use a mac 100% of the time at home and I couldn't be happier with it.

Now that I've had it for a while my brother is definitely jealous of it. He plays a lot of games on his PC laptop, he said he is waiting for the next MBP update and hopefully it will come with a better graphics card, then he's getting one.

Also, a co-worker asked me what I would recommend for a computer (I am a sys admin) and I told him I would recommend a mac, and that I own one myself. He was somewhat surprised, and he also said, "everyone I talk to who has a mac tell me they love it". So he may be convinced to get a mac now.

Just figured I'd share... :D

Reaction score
man, you do not know how jealous I am - I have to wait for over 15months till I can get my hands on my first mac!!!
I am going travelling for a year - and cannot take one with me... I long for the day when I can purchase mine and ditch Wndws for good!!

enjoy you lucky person!

I still enjoy reading about new switchers though :Smirk:

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I still enjoy reading about new switchers though :Smirk:

It is a lot of fun seeing people having fun with their new technology. Def don't see this on any of the win based hardware forums I've been a member of. Only people ya see there are the ones having problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
I've been seeing a trend among UNIX sysadmins, at least, of which I am one along with a slew of other OSes, who are switching to Mac because it's essentially a UNIX machine with a really slick GUI. For portables, it's a great way to have a Real UNIX that you can take everywhere with you.

Sure, a great number of us run Linux, but what a Mac offers is a UNIX that you don't have to tinker with to get it to do what you want. I used to run Linux and got kind of tired of having to mess with my own computer which is why I switched. Sure, I can run Photoshop and Office on my Linux desktop at work with Codeweavers Crossover Office's optimized Wine and I did for quite a long time, but why not just have a machine that has native versions of those apps and a whole bunch more?

Macs run Windows too, and in the Real World, sometimes you have to do Windows like things when you work with computers for a living. Best of all worlds, really.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB
It is a lot of fun seeing people having fun with their new technology. Def don't see this on any of the win based hardware forums I've been a member of. Only people ya see there are the ones having problems.

That's definitely quite amazing, and I totally agree!!

I fell in love for my MBP even before I bought it!!

And was already reading the foruns, reading about OS, about the hardware, every day!!

I just can't express how I love this little boy LOL.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I posted in another thread that today is my one year anniversary as a Mac owner - my Mac arrived a year ago today. I have used PCs running every flavor of DOS and Windows, PCs running multiple variants of Linux and finally this Mac. I even build vintage PCs as a sort of hobby. I can HONESTLY say that I too LOVE my Mac. It is the best computer I have ever used, ever, period! No wonder Mac owners are a bit fanatical. They have every right to be so. These are wonderful machines! Nuff said.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.