• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

World from kids' eyes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
HOW DO YOU DECIDE WHOM TO MARRY?
(1) You got to find somebody who likes the same stuff. Like, if you like sports, she should like it that you like sports, and she should keep the chips and dip coming. -- Alan, age 10
(2) No person really decides before they grow up who they're going to marry. God decides it all way before, and you get to find out later who you're stuck with. -- Kristen, age 10

WHAT IS THE RIGHT AGE TO GET MARRIED?
(1) Twenty-three is the best age because you know the person FOREVER by then. -- Camille, age 10
(2) No age is good to get married at. You got to be a fool to get married. -- Freddie, age 6

HOW CAN A STRANGER TELL IF TWO PEOPLE ARE MARRIED?
(1) You might have to guess, based on whether they seem to be yelling at the same kids. -- Derrick, age 8

WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR MOM AND DAD HAVE IN COMMON?
(1) Both don't want any more kids. -- Lori, age 8

WHAT DO MOST PEOPLE DO ON A DATE?
(1) Dates are for having fun, and people should use them to get to know each other. Even boys have something to say if you listen long enough. -- Lynnette, age 8
(2) On the first date, they just tell each other lies and that Usually gets them interested enough to go for a second date. -- Martin, age 10

WHAT WOULD YOU DO ON A FIRST DATE THAT WAS TURNING SOUR?
(1) I'd run home and play dead. The next day I would call all the newspapers and make sure they wrote about me in all the dead columns. -- Craig, age 9

WHEN IS IT OKAY TO KISS SOMEONE?
(1) When they're rich. -- Pam, age 7
(2) The law says you have to be eighteen, so I wouldn't want to mess with that -- Curt, age 7
(3) The rule goes like this: If you kiss someone, then you should marry them and have kids with them. It's the right thing to do. -- Howard, age 8

IS IT BETTER TO BE SINGLE OR MARRIED?
(1) I don't know which is better, but I'll tell you one thing. I'm never going to have sex with my wife. I don't want to be all grossed out. -- Theodore, age 8
(2) It's better for girls to be single but not for boys. Boys need someone to clean up after them. -- Anita, age 9

HOW WOULD THE WORLD BE DIFFERENT IF PEOPLE DIDN'T GET MARRIED?
(1) There sure would be a lot of kids to explain, wouldn't there? -- Kelvin, age 8

And the #1 Favorite is...

HOW WOULD YOU MAKE A MARRIAGE WORK?
(1) Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a truck. -- Ricky, age 10

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13' Black MacBook Core Duo 1.25 GB Ram 80GB HD
"HOW WOULD YOU MAKE A MARRIAGE WORK?
(1) Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a truck. -- Ricky, age 10"

LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Kids say the darnest things!! :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
Some of these are pretty worrying:
WHEN IS IT OKAY TO KISS SOMEONE?
(1) When they're rich. -- Pam, age 7

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
How do "kids" come up with these things? Sounds like they're tutored by adults! ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
haha dead columns...

OP
johntalin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
EVERYTHING YOU WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT ANGELS — FROM CHILDREN:

I only know the names of two angels. Hark and Harold. (Gregory, age 5)

Everybody's got it all wrong. Angels don't wear halos anymore. I forget why, but scientists are working on it. (Olive, 9)

It's not easy to become an angel! First, you die. Then you go to heaven, then there's still the flight training to go through. And then you got to agree to wear those angel clothes. (Matthew, 9)

Angels work for God and watch over kids when God has to go do something else. (Mitchell, 7)

My guardian angel helps me with math, but he's not much good for science. (Henry, 8)

Angels don't eat, but they drink milk from holy cows. (Jack, 6)

Angels talk all the way while they're flying you up to heaven. The basic message is where you went wrong before you got dead. (Daniel, 9)

When an angel gets mad, he takes a deep breath and counts to ten. And when he lets out his breath, somewhere there's a tornado. (Regan, 10)

Angels have a lot to do and they keep very busy. If you lose a tooth, an angel comes in through your window and leaves money under your pillow. Then when it gets cold, angels go north for the winter. (Sara, 6)

Angels live in cloud houses made by God and his son, who's a very good carpenter. (Jared , 8)

All angels are girls because they gotta wear dresses and boys didn't go for it. (Antonia, 9)

My angel is my grandma who died last year. She got a big head start on helping me while she was still down here on earth. (Caitlyn, 9)

Some of the angels are in charge of helping heal sick animals and pets. And if they don't make the animals get better, they help the kid get over it. (Vicki, 8)

What I don't get about angels is why, when someone is in love, they shoot arrows at them. (Sarah, 7)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
My angel is my grandma who died last year. She got a big head start on helping me while she was still down here on earth. (Caitlyn, 9)

Love it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
(2) On the first date, they just tell each other lies and that Usually gets them interested enough to go for a second date. -- Martin, age 10
Remarkable insight!

Reaction score
Ahahahaha those are hilarious. Kids these days... LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
A few months ago, I was in the mall with my daughter. We walked past Victoria's Secret. A female mannequin just inside the store was wearing something flimsy, 'recreational', and befitting VS. My 8 y.o. daughter said, "She couldn't keep warm in that!"

"No she couldn't," I said. -_^

OP
johntalin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A few months ago, I was in the mall with my daughter. We walked past Victoria's Secret. A female mannequin just inside the store was wearing something flimsy, 'recreational', and befitting VS. My 8 y.o. daughter said, "She couldn't keep warm in that!"

"No she couldn't," I said. -_^

Very observant of your daughter.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.