Keyboard & Mouse Frozen During Safe Mode?

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I was wondering if anybody could help me figure out a problem I'm having. I recently just installed Windows XP Pro with Bootcamp. Everything is up and working, but I tried to go into safe mode in windows and my keyboard and mouse stopped working while at the log in screen. I could use the keyboard and mouse at the safe mode selection screen but I couldn't use them at the log in screen. Does anybody else have this problem and can anybody help me out? Thanks in advance for the help. Much appreciated.

Kian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Need a little more info. Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard/mouse? In safe mode, certain hardware like Bluetooth and network adapters are usually disabled. This is probably the reason why. Is there any reason you're running in safe mod in the first place? Maybe whatever problem you're having that you need to run safe mode is causing the malfunction.

OP
H
Reaction score
Need a little more info. Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard/mouse? In safe mode, certain hardware like Bluetooth and network adapters are usually disabled. This is probably the reason why. Is there any reason you're running in safe mod in the first place? Maybe whatever problem you're having that you need to run safe mode is causing the malfunction.

Hi Fleurya,
I am using a macbook so I'm not using a wireless mouse or keyboard. I know in safe mode the drivers are limited but I would think that it would at least use the keyboard and mouse drivers. I don't have any problems in normal startup mode, I was just curious so I booted in safe mode just for the heck of it. That's when I noticed the inability to use the keyboard and mouse. It's not really a big deal now but I just wanna go through reinstalling everything just because a little problem that I might be having in the future. Do you think that it might be some .reg files that are missing? I found this site on google last night: http://www.jsifaq.com/SF/Tips/Tip.aspx?id=2423 : The problem is I have no idea where to put the .reg file or how to write it. If you have any further input, it would be much appreciated.

Kian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Sorry, I haven't really messed with RegEdit except once when I had detailed step-by-step instructions about what to delete or change. You have to be careful messing with REgEdit or you could wind up goofing something up badly.

If you don't have any need to run safe mode, I personally wouldn't even worry about it. I suppose though it would make me nervous to think about if I had to run it someday. Honestly, I don't even know how to enter safe mode unless it tells me it's a good idea. If you tell me how to get there, I can try it on my MBP see see if the same thing happens. If it does, it must just be a bootcamp thing that can't be fixed.

OP
H
Reaction score
Sorry, I haven't really messed with RegEdit except once when I had detailed step-by-step instructions about what to delete or change. You have to be careful messing with REgEdit or you could wind up goofing something up badly.

If you don't have any need to run safe mode, I personally wouldn't even worry about it. I suppose though it would make me nervous to think about if I had to run it someday. Honestly, I don't even know how to enter safe mode unless it tells me it's a good idea. If you tell me how to get there, I can try it on my MBP see see if the same thing happens. If it does, it must just be a bootcamp thing that can't be fixed.

Thank you Fleurya,
Like I said, it isn't a big deal but I was just wondeing if there was a way to fix it. Thanks again for all of your help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.