New G4 PowerBook

P

prissie

Yesh finally my mom bought me a G4 15" powerbook, this is my dream. Somehow good things just won't last at all, less than 2 weeks time, APPLE launched a new G4 powerbook...GOSH i feel so awful, i feel cheated by the APPLE staff why can't they just let me know they are going to launch a new product in 2 weeks time? With that amount of money I paid i suppose to own a built in extreme card 1.33 GHz and a good graphic card. WHy they have to do this to me :( *sigh*

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
If yo purchase your hardware less than ten days of the new release. In most cases Apple will exchange for the newest model.

OP
P

prissie

rman said:
If yo purchase your hardware less than ten days of the new release. In most cases Apple will exchange for the newest model.

Hey thankz for your reply, I straight away make a phone call to the Apple center . Guess what ? The lady said NOt at all apple won't exchange/upgrade the newest model unless i purchased the date after apple launched the new product. Duh... :( what can i say ? BAd luck?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Buying in a period of upgrade releases can result in less than the best timing I guess By how many days are you out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
prissie said:
i feel cheated by the APPLE staff why can't they just let me know they are going to launch a new product in 2 weeks time?

That wouldn't make very good business sense on their part. I could have had a 1 GHz G4 iBook, and now the newer 1.2 Ghz iBook, for the same price I paid for mine. I'm not upset about it though, it's just the nature of the industry. Sooner or later I'll buy another Mac, and undoubtedly, an update will be released not long after. Just enjoy your new PowerBook. Though it may no longer be the latest available, it was until the update was released, and it's still an excellent machine. And smile, you're a Mac owner now! :D

OP
N

nicholas

That's pretty odd, I remember reading several stories on this very forum about people who called about 2 weeks later and they were able to exchange theirs for the newer product. Maybe you should try going in and talking to someone (in my experience, younger guys are the most sympathetic to other younger guys...assuming you're a guy, Prissie...if not, then a younger girl) in person. Maybe even a manager, and bring your mom too, they might feel more sympathetic. Like Padawan said, it's not good business for them to "cheat" you like that, so perhaps they'd make an exception, or maybe the lady you spoke to didn't quite know the rules. If they agree to, make sure you get their name so when you come back to the store with your powerbook and the person isn't there, you can atleast say whoever it was told you so.

BUT...if you're not able to return it, well **** a 1.33Ghz 15" Powerbook is not only a super nice machine, but it was the fastest puppy around until 2 weeks ago, it's still better than 90% of what other mac owners have, and you're still the envy of many, many people. I've played extensively with your exact computer, and I own the 17" 1.5Ghz Powerbook, and lemme tell you honestly? There isn't THAT much difference. Sure, maybe a few more frame rates in games or a couple hairs of a second less in photoshop rendering, but in all seriousness, that's NOTHING. You're PB is the same as mine, dude. Or dudett.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.