Laptop Vs Macbook (hardware)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
Comparing the hardware of a normal windows based laptop (eg a dell) to a Macbook:

*Does a macbook normally run quicker?

*How does battery life compare between the two, which is best?

*Is a Macbook much nicer to actually use?

*which do you think is best for portability?

Why are macbooks so much more expensive compared to a similarly speced windows laptop?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" ibook g4, 1.42ghz. 512mb ram, 60gb hdd
Well you can't really compare the hardware of other laptops to mac laptops becuase there are a variety of different non mac laptops out there. Hardware wise I'm sure you could get a windows laptop that could blow away the mac, but a mac can also blow away alot of windows laptops aswell. I've found (especially with the new macbook upgrade) that hardware wise you get more bang for your buck. Most 1000 dollar laptops have a 1.6-1.7ghz processor. A $1000 dollar mac will get you a 2.0ghz processor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
You get more standard features on a macbook, or any mac for that matter. You can't get a dedicated gpu on a macbook (only pros). Mac OS is smoother overall so it is fair to say that compared to a similarly equipped Windows laptop, the macbook will run smoother more often. The ibook and macbook line of laptops are known for their solid battery life, usually 3 or 4 hours (apple claims 6 on highest energy save levels). Other Windows laptops can have up to 6 hours of battery life (HP's 12 cell battery) depending on the maker. You are being too vague for someone to give you a good enough answer, sorry.

Reaction score
Aesthetically, I think Mac laptops are much, much nicer than PC laptops. PC laptops, for the most part, are thicker, heavier, and have all sorts of weird protrusions and switches and lights. Mac laptops are very sleek and clean, which adds to the experience, IMO.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Price for price, something like a dell will give you a larger screen and a dedicated graphics card.

Basic question to ask yourself, how bad do you want OS X?

I personally would never purchase a macbook. I really dislike integrated graphics processors and any screen less than 15"...but that's why I have a MBP and not a macbook...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
Why are macbooks so much more expensive compared to a similarly speced windows laptop?

Before I begin explaining it to you, can you show me the similarly specced laptop? A link would be nice :)

Then I can begin comparing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.