Mac Mail Notifier software?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5
I used to use one with Entourage, but have since switched to Mail as it is far far better. I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the app.
Does anyone know what it was? Basically it would check mail ever minute and flash up on screen - you just gave it pop3 details and chose an app for it to open when new mail was there.

Anyone know this app?
It was great

Alex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Is it GROWL?

notif.png

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5
Hmm no. None of these use pop3 credentials. (I have all of them and they don't satisfy my needs) I will summarise what my mystery app did:

1: in its preferences, you enter pop3 details and set how often you want to check emails
2: you set a program for it to open when the alert (which appears, large and flashing in the middle of the screen) is clicked
3: it opens mail/entourage and you press get mail

Anyone have any idea what this little app was? Status bar in the top bar etc

Alex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
What ever the app's name... it sounds totally useless to me...

I see no need for an app that checks your email, then when it finds new mail tells you "Hey!! open up Mail, and press GET MAIL, there is something in there." LOL

Just set your Mail or entourage to check for mail every 1 minute... ;D

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
For me it is completely USEFUL. I use a separate workstation for my email while working on two laptops and two desktops while working. I simply don't have the time to open up Mail all the time and check it, and this was pretty and played a nice little tune :)

So has anyone got any other ideas?!?!

Alex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
is it possible it was notifix?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
You don't have to "open up mail all the time"... Just set it to "check for mail every 1 minute"... Mail will show a red dot on the Dock icon that tells you how many new unread messages are there... no need to press "get mail".

If you have Growl... Growl will POP-UP an show you who the mail is from and part of the text...

But hey... you know what they say "one man's garbage is another man's treasure" ;)

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Cannot find that anywhere and don't recall the name...

its not for sale anymore. figured I would toss it out there and see if it rang any bells with you.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Cheers for the help anyway, KoDorSean

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.