macbook pro vs imac 20"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 GB at 7200rpms 4GB ram...iPhone 3G
Sorry I acciedently posted this before in the wrong forum before but maybe more people will answer now....

Hey, I'm looking at gettin either of these macs and I would like some of your personal inputs on each...

So I was looking at the 20" imac... 2.33 Ghz, 2 GB ram, 256MB Graphics card, 250 gig HD and a few other small things like wireless mouse and keyboard...

I was also looking at the Macbook Pro 15". 2.33 Ghz, 2GB ram, 256 MB graphics card 120 Gig HD... and so on... the middle one.

I have with me now a 19" widescreen acer, that i would use for dual monitors, and i also have an external 320 gig HD so space isn't an issue...

The major application I'd be using would be Final Cut studio and photoshop... maybe a little premiere pro with parallels ran through boot camp and so on...

Portability would be nice... but is it worth a little extra moneys...

also The prices are in candian dollars 2,628 imac 20" with applecare and Macbook pro 3,198 with apple care...I would be willing to spend the extra money if it was worth it

Screen space wouldn't be a major issue I don't think... But performance wise what do you guys think is better for this situation...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP 2.33Ghz, 3GB RAM, FinalCutStudio2
I just ordered the 17 inch MBP with 3 gb of memory. The only thing different is I would go with the 7200 RPM drive. I got that in mine. I have not received my laptop yet but i will let you know what I think when I get it. I also ordered the new Final Cut Studio 2. I am a major video editor and I will be leaving for school to go to Brooks Institute of Photography for feature film so i needed something portable and powerful. I can't wait to get it!

I will let you know how it goes!

Josh

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.