green room?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz C2D macbook
hi guys
there is my question: how is it done? you film a guy on green background and then somehow (thats my question) you cut out the green and put the rest of the clip over some cool background. do i make sense :eek: ?
i have no idea what this thing is called so i tried as hard as i could to explain :D.
thanks

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Most special effects houses use either blue or green to mask out unwant stuff in a shot. Green has become the most common color to use. In your video editting programs you would use a filter to mask out the green or blue color. You maybe able to do it in PhotoShop also.

W

WilliS

funny you ask...me and my friends are about to make a video about a video game we play...and in order to get the background correct, we will be using a green screen.

they use neon green because it works well, and not many people wear neon green in their clothing normally, but in actuality, it can be made to work on any color (another popular one is blue as mentioned above)

my friend just bought a $3000 camera (hes a film major...so he will get use out of it) which has this ability built in.

green screen effects arent photoshoped.... it would be way too hard to do that for like..every clip (considering most green screen backgrounds in movies are moving anyway.

so what you are actually doing is:
1. video taping someone in front of a green screen, doing anything they want.
2. getting video of a background you wish to use
3. putting the background video where the green in the first video is

its all done with the camera and software...my friend can put together a video from someone in front of a green screen with a background video in only a few seconds... its really cool

OP
MAC-simus
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz C2D macbook
can one do it with final cut express or pro?
i guess i em too lazy to go through 500 page manual:)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I don't know about Final Cut Express, but you can do it in Final Cut Pro.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.