Graphic Design Software

Reaction score
I want to create some flyers with photos and text. Before I run out and buy photoshop, is there anything that comes loaded on my mac mini that will allow me to do this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4-933, PB-1.25, TiBook-1Ghz
Illustrator is better for that type of thing than Photoshop as it handles fonts better. You could always download the trial and design your stuff and if you like what you get buy it then.

That's the great thing about trying it out. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
Or you could use GIMP:

http://www.gimp.org/

and there is a free equivalent to illustrator but im not sure the name of it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
Pages which is part of iWork would be ideal for flyers,
You may have the trial installed.
Best

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
Illustrator is better for that type of thing than Photoshop as it handles fonts better. You could always download the trial and design your stuff and if you like what you get buy it then.

That's the great thing about trying it out. ;D

better yet, Indesign or Quark ;)
Illustrator is pretty nice for some stuff like that, but Indesign gives you a lot more power and options at your fingertips. Also, bringing images into illustrator isn't always a good idea - Indesign will allow you edit originals and have them automatically update appearances in your layout. As far as I know, illustrator doesn't allow that.

For free apps, as PunkRockTuba suggested, Gimp could be a good way to go. Just be sure to work at 300ppi for your resolutions if you intend to print.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Illustrator does let you do that and updates placed images, but it's a program for vector art, not layout.
For a quick job, you can happily do it in Illustrator though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.