itunes pc playlist to mac

Reaction score
Is there anyway to transfer my itunes playlists from my PC to my MAC? I have about 150 unique playlists that i would like to keep intact on my mac. I have gone ahead and moved over all of the mp3's using a network connection between the 2 systems, however I am not sure if and how its possible to move over the playlists?

Any help is appreciated

OP
N
Reaction score
From another board's member this seems to work if anyone is interested

You can copy the playlist file over from your windows machine.

The .xml file is setup exactly the same except for the introductory path (the path to the actual library) and the directory breaks in windows are "\" instead of "/."

So, if you copy over the playlist, open the xml file in a text editor like bbedit or something where you can do a "find and replace" and find "C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\" and replace with your new path "~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/" or whatever it happens to be.
Also do the same to find all "\" and replace with "/."

Once you do this, everything will be fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's

Cross Post AND Triple post????

Have a little patience man!!!

Bumping your own thread 3 times every 1.5 hrs is VERY poor form. Boo to you!

WOW!:Not-Amused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
Oh there was a third one I guess I missed one. Either way he should get the point.

OP
N
Reaction score
Dude yall need to calm down, I was just posting the answer to my own post. I figured you guys would like the answer to this question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I was just posting the answer to my own post

Use the [EDIT] button.

I figured you guys would like the answer to this question.

It's great (and appreciated) to post the answers, you figured out yourself for someone to find in the future...

BUT... Cross-posting (2 threads on the EXACT same question) AND bumping your own question 1.5 hrs later with "im sure i am not the only one w/ this problem"...

then telling US to calm down... it's weak bro... WEAK!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.