someone please make one!!!!

W

WilliS

the person who makes a video player which plays every format of video files out there, will be the person who makes a load of money!

why isnt there 1 video player which will just play any file format??? and do it in a simple interface?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
That is a very tall order!

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
I want a browser for Mac that will display vB glow!

And a girlfriend!

OP
T

TylerMoney

heh, I'm with you Zero, I want a girlfriend too....and a dog....maybe I'm asking for too much....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
WilliS said:
why isnt there 1 video player which will just play any file format??? and do it in a simple interface?

I have divx; win media playa; real player and VLC installed so that all file types and codecs are covered. VLC opens all media files (except real media, which i use with real playa). Get VLC, its free!

OP
W

WilliS

vlc sucks

try opening a .VOB file with it... you will get no sound... and every file i open it gives me some crappy error that i dont want to bother with...

real player sucks too... its cant open anything but its own files... and makes you pay for it if you want the "good" version...

that firestorm creation team should make a video player *hint hint*.... and allow it to open every major video type, and have updates whenever a new video type comes out... you would make a fortune

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
VLC is fine for my requirements, its not too resource intensive. Simple interface, and I have hardly ever got an error. Or maybe thats coz I stick to the normal file types and don't use file types like .vob and stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
WilliS said:
the person who makes a video player which plays every format of video files out there, will be the person who makes a load of money!

Unfortunately, Mac OS X doesn't support codec extensions like Windows, so you simple have to hope that you find a program that has the codecs built-in, that you want.

Realistically, I've got Quicktime, VLC, MPlayer, and Windows Media Player all installed on my system. That covers every file type I might need. Unfortunately, there's no player for Mac that plays Intel Indeo compressed videos, which comprise most of the AVI stuff out there.

The fact is, if I need to go through a bunch of videos...I just use my PC. My Mac can't realistically handle it.

OP
N

nicholas

I don't like VLC because for some reason, it eats up alot of RAM. I installed it on both my macs, and I checked the memory usage in the activity monitor and about 50% more than usual was either in use or "inactive," but not "free." Then I uninstalled VLC and rebooted, and my RAM was freed up again. I don't know why VLC does this...perhaps it's because it isn't a program that is "installed" but is simply mounted...or maybe because it maintains an internet connection? I have no idea how it works, and it works great in terms of playing many media files, but I'm telling you, it EATS UP MEMORY.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.