Music Slowdown Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
On my PC I used a Windows Media Player feature that allowed me to take a passage of music and slow it down while retaining proper pitch. This is great for slowing down and learning new licks.

Is there a feature like this available in the installed Mac software? If not are there any other options?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook. 2.0GHz, 2GB RAM :D
Yeah I do that too on my Windows media player. Great for learning solos like you said.

Is there any way to slow down music on itunes? It'll be a pain to have to use different software just to do that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
QuickTime Player does it too, and it's already built into OSX.

Just open the file with QuickTime, select Window -> Show A/V Controls, and you can mess with the Playback Speed without affecting pitch.

(You can also mess with pitch and direction if you want to.)

I do this to watch movies and listen to podcasts at 1.5x or 2x speed. It makes my time more productive.

:)

Good luck!

Reaction score
+1 on the audacity post. It is the mac equivelant to cool edit pro, which albums have been cut with. Great program, and FREE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.