Macbook came in yesterday, suggestions needed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz Macbook 2GBRAM
Yes my Macbook arrived yesterday, after delayed shipping:Grimmace: , i jumped right in and i expected it to be better than windows...but WOW. Anyway, i was setting up new apps and downloading useful widgets a couple of programs, and im looking for suggestions of what are the best programs of each field(free ones), and what cool programs are out there, anything helps.
Thanx guys

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
Firefox.

I always wanted a Nacbook ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
If you search this forum on this topic you will find tons of good info.. this topic has been discussed a few times already.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I don't see what the big deal about Quicksilver is.. I tried it and didn't find it useful..

Freeapps?

AdiumX - Great multi-protocol IM client
Handbrake - Great for ripping your dvd movies to your iPod
MacTheRipper - Backup your dvd movies to your hard drive
ImageWell - Amazing for quickly resizing pictures
GIMP - Nice, free Photoshop alternative
NeoOffice - free, open-source MS Office replacement/alternative
StuffIt Expander - for all your un-archiving needs
Onyx - Great system utility to clean out/unlock "hidden" features of OS X
DeLocalizer - remove all of those foreign languages from your mac and free up a tonne of space

That's all i can think of off the top of my head..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I don't see what the big deal about Quicksilver is.. I tried it and didn't find it useful..

I use it to launch every app... within just 2 or 3 key strokes.
I use it to "call up" any document, any email, anything on the mac.
I use it to add attachments to emails, to compose emails.
as a clipboard, to quickly upload photo's to flickr, to open directly to any web bookmark, navigate through iTunes library, pause stop play skip in itunes, web search through history and bookmarks.... the list goes on and on...

I have never seen a more useful app.:p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I use it to launch every app... within just 2 or 3 key strokes.
I use it to "call up" any document, any email, anything on the mac.
I use it to add attachments to emails, to compose emails.
as a clipboard, to quickly upload photo's to flickr, to open directly to any web bookmark, navigate through iTunes library, pause stop play skip in itunes, web search through history and bookmarks.... the list goes on and on...

I have never seen a more useful app.:p

I use the dock to launch my most common apps, and Spotlight for everything else.

Maybe it's just a preference thing, I just think it's over-hyped IMO.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz Macbook 2GBRAM
Macbook came yesterday, Any suggestions?

I made my jump from windows to macs, after some delayed shipping:Angry: , and i expected it to be good....but WOW its terrific. started downloading some useful widgets and programs that i had already seem suggested here. Anyway i asking for suggestions of the best programs suggestions that you can download, and the necessities for the ones that you ned to pay for too.
Thanx Guys

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
I made my jump from windows to macs, after some delayed shipping:Angry: , and i expected it to be good....but WOW its terrific. started downloading some useful widgets and programs that i had already seem suggested here. Anyway i asking for suggestions of the best programs suggestions that you can download, and the necessities for the ones that you ned to pay for too.
Thanx Guys

I suppose the most important thing to do first would actually be to run Software Update to make sure your OS, firmware and bundled software are up-to-date.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz Macbook 2GBRAM
crap, i know, but when i came back to check it had moved the post down on the list and i didnt see it, i thought it never got it(i was about to turn it off at the time) sorry

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.