Back with Mac

Reaction score
Hello all! I used to own an ibook g4 a few years ago, but decided to give it to my uncle as 1000$ towards a car that he bought for me..at the time i desperatly needed a new one. I missed it SO much. I was a windows user since i was in the 6th grade (now im about to be 21).

So from that time on i have been using a compaq computer.

AND NOW IM BACK! I went to a yard sale and he had this 15" Powerbook G4 (a1025) for 450$. He said he would take $400. So i picked it up. It runs on OSX 10.4.

This thing was loaded....microsoft office word (which I have been needing for AGES, lol), adobe photoshop 7.0, and final cut pro HD. He does computer networking for schools and stuff on the island, and so he often gets these computers that the school no longer needs.

Even though it was an older model, i figured, heck, this would definately be a great starting out computer for my major, computer graphics. I recently graduated with my lliberal arts degree and am moving on to pursuit my real major next year.

So, do you think that i've made a good investment? it runs fine, the only thing i noticed that from a 97% charge, it's down to 54%, after a little over an hour of usage (i think). I'm assuming it's because this computer is a few years old?

I would love any input :D or advice/tips :D im so glad to be back to mac :D Just wanted to share my history with 'yall. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
congrats on your find and welcome back to the mac world !!

i reckon you;ve got a good deal especially after reading all the software that came with it.

battery charge does go down but not often that much. if you really need the battery there are still powerbook g4 battery's around. (new)

welcome back and any problems we're here to help.

OP
A
Reaction score
congrats on your find and welcome back to the mac world !!

i reckon you;ve got a good deal especially after reading all the software that came with it.

battery charge does go down but not often that much. if you really need the battery there are still powerbook g4 battery's around. (new)

welcome back and any problems we're here to help.

thanks so much :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Welcome to the fold.

Sounds like a good deal so I'm guesing you won't look back.

Enjoy!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67ghz powerbook G4, 1GB RAM, 100GB HD.
Sounds like the exact same model I have! And I can run all the software I want to on it.

I think you got a killer deal on that, congrats :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.