Sending word document?

J

JMH

Hello;

I use Word for Mac to write freelance articles. I have a friend who also has a Mac, but no Word for Mac. I want to email him articles with formatting intact, i.e. italics, etc.

When I cut and paste the article into an email message, for some reason he can't get it; his server shuts down with that much embedded text (we both live in remote areas with dicey service). I can convert the article to text only and send it as an attached file; he gets that fine but loses all formatting. Can I convert (save as) the Word document to some other form that would save the style, and be sent as an attached file? If I hadn't bought Word for Mac, what Mac program would I be using to write articles? Does this question make sense? Thanks for any advice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
try saving the word document as a Rich Text Format and he should be able to open it in TextEdit which is standard on Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
As trpnmonkey41 says, rich text format <document.rtf> is an excellent option.
Or try using yahoo mail with the enhanced text editor turned on, that (i believe) retains formatting. Good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.