iPhoto '06

Reaction score
Hi

I am thinking about buying i-life '06. Mainly for i-photo. I currently have the previous version. Can anyone tell me if the new one has a PC typle way of storing photo's i.e. in folders and sub folders and not as one huge file as when i open i-photo now.

Tony

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MacBook Pro, iPhone 4
Hi

I am thinking about buying i-life '06. Mainly for i-photo. I currently have the previous version. Can anyone tell me if the new one has a PC typle way of storing photo's i.e. in folders and sub folders and not as one huge file as when i open i-photo now.

Tony
iPhoto has never stored your images in one huge file that I'm aware of, and I'm positive it hasn't done it in the last two or three versions at the very least. It has always stored them in structured folders (usually located in your ~/Pictures/iPhoto Library folder. You'll find all kinds of folders, named with numbers (months, days, etc). You'll also find an "originals" folder and I believe another folder (I think it's named "modified" or something like that).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MacBook Pro, iPhone 4
Are you sure you're not thinking of Aperture, which DOES store them in one giant database file?

OP
A
Reaction score
I have osx 10.3.9 and when I open i-photo all my photo's (well thumbs) come up in one big file.

Tony

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I have osx 10.3.9 and when I open i-photo all my photo's (well thumbs) come up in one big file.

Tony
That "big file", as you put it, is simply the main Library folder.
You can add subfolders and organize your photos as you like, but iPhoto will always open with the Library folder as the default. This will show all of your photos, but if you choose one of your subfolders, then only those pictures will display.

Picture1-4.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.