Zen Xtra vs iPod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
ok here goes.......

the Creative JukeBox Zen Xtra has 60GB :cool:
the Apple iPod has 40....

looks like im goins to buy a Zen....

or.... Is the iPod better???

T

TylerMoney

well, the iPod looks better...and the backlight looks a **** of a lot better...and the button system for the iPod is better...but I don't know...creative has good sound cards....I don't know about their players. plus it's not going to work as nicely with iTunes, or a music store...but it'll work over all I imagine..so really, it's up to you..I could say iPod all day, and it doesn't really matter does it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I believe cnet.com has a lot of articles and reviews of mp3 players.. might want to go check what they have to say. If the creative is a high end one then they'll probably have a review and since the iPod has been the best in all reviews I have ever seen, then the review for the creative should say what is better than the ipod and what is not as good.

good luck!

OP
NightCrawler
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
i like the way the buttons are on the zen... dont like iPods plastic girly look

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
NightCrawler said:
dont like iPods plastic girly look
First time since the iPods release that I have ever heard somebody say it has a girly look

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
trpnmonkey41 said:
First time since the iPods release that I have ever heard somebody say it has a girly look
Maybe the pink ones... :p

OP
NightCrawler
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
or the white ones..... dont like them...... nor do i like the iBook...... LIKE the PowerBook...... like brusehd metal................. thats why i like the Zen Xtra... METAL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Metal is nice, the iPod mini is irresistable I think, despite the 4 gig drive!

T

TylerMoney

I would say the iPods look very sleek and professional. Girly isn't the right word by any means...at least not for most...but people do have their opinions.

btw, the iPod also has more supported sound file types. I am also assuming that they'll eventually give us a software update to allow wma to play on the ipod. who knows....I got one, so there won't be any buying of digital music players any time soon for me.

and the battery life....it always last what I need..or has so far...plus, I think the problem more than the battery itself, is the battery indicator...I don't know how acurate it is...so the battery last a lot longer than we think...I think....but it isn't good to completely run down any lithion ion battery too much...so i have avoided it most the time. I usually go 4-6 hrs listening to it off and on. Now if I were to lets say...listen to it straight w/o pushing buttons...I'd get much more out of it.

OP
NightCrawler
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PRICE!!!!
in Denmark the iPod 40GB costs the same as the Zen Xtra 60GB....... and i save 750$ by bying it online

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
NightCrawler said:
PRICE!!!!
in Denmark the iPod 40GB costs the same as the Zen Xtra 60GB....... and i save 750$ by bying it online
Does Zen Xtra work with iTunes for windows?

OP
NightCrawler
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
:p the Zen comes with Creative Media source for uploading music to it ...... used a mac once in my life....... and that was the old iMac and it was 6 years ago

T

TylerMoney

well...get the zen then...doesn't look like anything we say is going to change your mind...seems you had your mind made up before coming here. And that's ok with me....I just personally perfer the iPod....the zen just doens't appleal to me in the same way...niether does the dell juke box player thingy....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
NightCrawler said:
:p the Zen comes with Creative Media source for uploading music to it ...... used a mac once in my life....... and that was the old iMac and it was 6 years ago
Well I'm sure you'll make up your mind... a Mac 6 years ago -- musta been - say OS 7, 8 maybe. No comparison to OS X with iTunes and the like :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I don't know if any of you are aware, but Apple has been giving away free songs with itunes the last four days. When you go to the store, right there in the middle of the page is a free song.. it will happen for a week, and then once every week after that :)

Wed: Foo Fighters
Thu: Avril Lavigne
Fri: Courtney Love
Sat: Annie Lennox

We still have three days left!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
wed was the only one that interested me so far....i remember seeing the full list for the week on some site (i think apple) and there was one more day that i want to get

R

Ripcurl

The zen is a brick, i've gone over this before in another thread. A buddy in some of my classes bought one, the 60 gig i think, and brought it to school, i wish i had taken pictures to compare to the ipod. The zen is much larger and feels like its poorly put together. My dad dropped the ipod onto ceramic tile from waist height, 3 1/2" and it still works like it did when it was opened. when i was holding the zen, it didnt feel sturdy as did the ipod. Didnt like the navi system either, buttons feel cheap, but thats all preference. didnt listen to it long enough to determine if the sq was any good. I wouldnt take it cause you wouldnt be able to fit in your pocke, buttons are cheap and i'm only brushing 5 gig worth of music on my comp.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
This doesn't surprise me at all. Apple quality is always super! And I think more then 1000 songs/4 gig may be a bit over done, but that's just me :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.