Jumpy mouse in CS2

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have recently switched from PC's to Mac. I am a photographer and use Photoshop daily. I have a Microsoft 3-button mouse, which works fine with most apps in the Mac.

My problem is that when I use Photoshop, if I am doing careful editing work, such as making a selection with the lasso tool, the cursor will jump short distances randomly. Compared to the way that it behaved on the PC, it is very unpredictable and this is obviously frustrating. I have ordered a replacement Microsoft Intellimouse, which I have heard good things about even from Mac users. Apparently the new Mighty Mouse doesn't quite live up to it's name.

I would love to hear your ideas on solving this problem.

Thanks,

vinegar-tom

PS: I have tried turning the mouse sensitivity down, and this has helped a little bit, but not enough.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Just for the record and to better help you, which Mac model is it and the OS version like say 10.4.9.

OP
V
Reaction score
Hi,

The OSX version is 10.4.9

Good point. The hardware profile is here:

Machine Name: Mac
Machine Model: MacBookPro2,2
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP22.00A5.B01
SMC Version: 1.12f5
Serial Number: W871306RW0G
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

Thanks

vinegar-tom

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.