10.3.3 and Win2K3 networking

E

edward

I have a problem where I can get a 10.3.3 machine to create the machine account in Active Directory and see all other Windows PC's but unable to connect to servers. The users can log onto the macs with there user accounts but keepp getting "The alias "Servername" could not be opened, because the original item cannot be found" (these are W2K3 domain controllers), I can see the shares on all other Win2K3 fileservers just fine. Is this just an issue with WinDC's or something I am missing here....HELP!

OP
K

kcartwri

Same issue

I have the same issue with Win2k pro . I can talk to a SAMBA server just fine but one Win2k machine gives the error you mentioned. Has anyone found a fix for this?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
You might want to update to OS X 10.3.4. Apple states the following "Improved file sharing and directory services for Mac (AFP), UNIX (NFS), PPTP, and wireless networks". This might help.

OP
N

NeXsus

same issue

rman said:
You might want to update to OS X 10.3.4. Apple states the following "Improved file sharing and directory services for Mac (AFP), UNIX (NFS), PPTP, and wireless networks". This might help.

I've just downloaded 10.3.4 and I'm also getting this original cannot be found error

anyone have any ideas?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.