Hey I just bought a macbook :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook. 2.0GHz, 2GB RAM :D
Hey my first post! Pleased to meet you guys. I just bought a secondhand, mint condition macbook black with 2GB RAM and lots of accessories on ebay. It should be here by early next week I seriously can't wait!!

I was struggling to choose between a Sony Vaio and a macbook. There was a really good deal for the vaio and I tried to buy it, that's when my Pc went "beep" "ding dong" "psssshhhht" and died on me. I took that as a sign lol. Next day, this morning, I found a good deal for a macbook so went for it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
GOOOOODDDDD CHOICE.

Even so I have nothing against Sony. BUT, PCs just are not doing it for me.

I am a recent switcher myself (2 Weeks now) and I am loving my Kick Butt Black MacBook. you will feel the difference the minute you turn it on. Just hold on to your seat and get ready for one heck of a Ride (<--- not the inFamous Mac-Forums member :D)

Cheers and Welcome to the Forums and to The Mac World

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
Hey my first post! Pleased to meet you guys. I just bought a secondhand, mint condition macbook black with 2GB RAM and lots of accessories on ebay. It should be here by early next week I seriously can't wait!!

I was struggling to choose between a Sony Vaio and a macbook. There was a really good deal for the vaio and I tried to buy it, that's when my Pc went "beep" "ding dong" "psssshhhht" and died on me. I took that as a sign lol. Next day, this morning, I found a good deal for a macbook so went for it!

welcome to MF! you will be very happy with your macbook, it was a great choice!

Reaction score
Hey Kaz and WELCOME!

Seriously, you made the right choice. I made the switch recently as well (March) and I haven't had to "reboot" my macbook once.

Honestly, I waited too long to do the switch and wish I could go back 12 years so I'd be as knowledgeable as I am on PC's but on macs... Either way; this forum is GREAT and don't hesitate to ask ANY question.

Cheers!

Scott

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the welcomes guys!

GulfVetSAF, do you mean that macs don't need to restart everytime you install something? If that's the case that's awesome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
yeah thats rite,

you don't have to restart. all u have to do is Drag program to ur application folder and Ba Baang u r all set.

Aren't Macs sooo darn sweet.

Reaction score
Actually, I didn't mean that... but it is true nonetheless. However, what I meant is, that my new macbook has NEVER ONCE froze... I have had to restart on a few applications and updates (maybe 3 times in nearly 2 months). It's a VERY stable OS and I could kick my own butt for waiting as long as I did. Better late than never though. :) You're going to love it I promise! :)

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ahh great. Little things like that will go far to getting me impressed with it.

I just remembered an important thing. How would you rip songs off on a mac and have it in a better quality than MP3? I currently use itunes on my PC but I prefer the windows media player for quality of sound.

EDIT: ok GulfVetSAF that's even more impressive!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33Ghz Core2Duo, 2Gb Ram, 120Gb HardDisk, X1600 256Mb & I LOVE Every Inch of her
good choice on the buy, and good choice on not choosing the Sony, they use too much proprietary stuff in their laptops, even the rams for the laptops are proprietary.

Enjoy ur MB

Reaction score
I can't give you any input on the MP3 question... However, there are some essential softwares you're going to need. I know there's a thread in here somewhere (as I detailed a list of important programs and such). I'll look around and send you a link when I find it (too lazy to retype it all).

Reaction score
Welcome, kaz2550.

I switched (MacBook) about 9 months ago, and have not regretted it. I upgraded it to 2Gb of RAM and 160Gb hard drive for around £150.

Next to go will be my twin zeon PC for an iMac in a few months time. :)

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Welcome, kaz2550.

I switched (MacBook) about 9 months ago, and have not regretted it. I upgraded it to 2Gb of RAM and 160Gb hard drive for around £150.

Next to go will be my twin zeon PC for an iMac in a few months time. :)

Hehe I got mine all for £770 ;D not 160GB though, mine is 120.

That's exactly what I'm doing with the desktop. I was gonna buy an iMac now but then I thought I'd wait a bit more coz it hasn't been updated in a while. New OS coming out in autumn and everything. I'll probably buy it on Christmas this year. (of course, that's assuming I won't hate my macbook!! :p )

Reaction score
Sounds like you got a good deal - my MacBook cost around £750 with the basic options.

Forgot to say that I added an external 16x DVD burner as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB
Congratulations on you choice and welcome to the forum!!

Prepare yourself to reboot your machine only (and not always) when you install some heavy software upgrades.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.