what is a good money management app?

Reaction score
i am just looking for something simple like access to just document a few transactions for my business, any one have a good free app? thanks guys

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'm not aware of any.

Have you checked MacUpdate.com?

Reaction score
Just my two cents, I tried out iBank, MoneyDance, and I forget the other.. Checkbook? Checkbalance? Anyway, iBank was the winner in my opinion. The interface is the best. MoneyDance just felt.. "weird." Checkbook was toooo simple. iBank just feels more integrated into the OS X experience, and it functions quite nicely.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16Ghz Core2Due 20" iMac - 2Gb RAM - wireless Mac KB - wireless MX610 mouse
Another vote for iBank. Not as good as Quicken or Money on Intel, but good enough. (I'm a recent switcher and haven't tried Mac Quicken.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Another iBank fan here. Quicken was an awful product on Windows, I haven't used the Mac version.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Another iBank fan here. Quicken was an awful product on Windows, I haven't used the Mac version.

The Mac version is even worse... still no multi-currency option after all these years (even though it's been in the Windows version since about 1998).

I found iBank limiting as it does not let you download transactions automatically from your bank, plus the budgeting options are terrible if you're used to MS Money. Moneydance was a little better, but the GUI screams 1997 GNU Linux OpenSource... so I agree with other comments that it looks weird. The budgeting options in Monydance are barely any better either, plus things like 401k tracking, portfolio tracking etc are mildly woeful if existent at all.

I have found all of the Mac money programs lacking is either one thing or another and MS Money was pretty much the main reason I had to install Windows on my Mac via Parallels. Nothing else comes close IMO.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.