Could my iMac have a virus?

Reaction score
I have been using "Thinkfree", the web based office product. It is still in Beta, I believe, but recently I have been unable to pull up any documents when I've logged into it. Each time when loading pages, it will say '1 error when loading'. I checked it's log and there is a line that says 'about blank'.

If you have ever owned a PeeCee, you've probably heard of About:Blank.

When I try to load a document in Thinkfree, it goes thru it's loading of Java ( which it asks if I trust or don't trust - i click trust) the screen simply goes blank and nothing loads. When I click the red button to close the screen, i get the spinning beach ball and ultimatedly I have to go to 'Force-Quit' where Safari is listed as 'not responding' and close Safari.

My iMac seems to be otherwise unaffected but I hate not being able to use Thinkfree because it has been very good up 'til now.

Do you think this About Blank could be the old About:Blank virus?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PM G4 Dual 867, 1gb, 160gb
Doesn't sound like a problem on your end IMHO. Perhaps you could email the admin @ Thinkfree and see what he/she says about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
It sounds like the Java environment is having a problem, either in what they are sending you to run, or in your local environment that is trying to process the data they sent down to you. Do they have a support site/knowledge base you can search?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Do you think this About Blank could be the old About:Blank virus?
No.
"About:blank" is simply the URL interpreted by most web browsers as the command to display a blank HTML document.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.