drag files from mac to windows on bootcamp

Reaction score
if i wanted a simple song or picture or other files thats on my osx side onto my windows side? can i drag and drop it into the windows hard drive on my desktop?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
As long as you didn't format the Windows partition with NTFS, then yes, you should be able to simply drag it over. Unfortunately, you can't do the same the other way around, at least not without special software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20, Intel Dual Core 2.3GHz, 1Gb RAM, 256Mb Video; G4 tower 444Mhz w/ 1G RAM, 2x G3 towers
Unfortunately, you can't do the same the other way around, at least not without special software.
as long as the file types are compatible, you can. jpegs, avi, pdf, etc.. Before I put Parallels on, I could still drag them back and forth.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Parallels is different from Boot Camp. In Boot Camp, Windows simply does not recognize the OS X partition, so you can't really copy anything over if there's no place to copy things TO. OS X, on the other hand, DOES recognize the Windows partition, and thus, you can easily drag things over.

Reaction score
i'm pretty sure i partitioned my mac and windows a NTFS is there any way to move the files over to the windows side without some external drive?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
To write to an NTFS partition you'll need something like Paragon NTFS or MacFUSE and NTFS-3G.

A quick google on those will get you going.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.