• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Macbook > TV

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Specs: MacBook Intel CD 2GHz, 2G, 120G (White)
Sup guys..

I have loads of movies on my macbook, plus some clips etc.. and was wondering how I could play them on my TV from my macbook via a wireless connection. Is there a way? I looked at Apple TV but seems everything has to go though itunes.. Any help or ideas would be cool.

If its not possible what cables would I need?

Cheers :dive:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
I don't know what the Macbook has as far as video out...but there are definitely adapters out there made for this. Depends on your TV and the connections available on it.

So...I'll use my MBP as an example.

DVI out --> LCD TV using HDMI
DVI out --> LCD TV using DVI-VGA adapter
DVI out --> Reg TV using DVI-Svideo adapter

Audio from Headphone out to TV Audio In, or use external speakers.

Not sure MB is same as MBP, but similar I'm sure.

Wireless, would require something with same adaptors, but an AngelTrax setup...I like AngelTrax alot, and worth the 100 bucks.

Best,

Brian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.